Saturday, December 15, 2012

under the table

                                               _____________
Drove over to Ft. Worth to see "under the table" at the Fort Worth Contemporay Arts curated by Margaret Meehan on the last day of the exhibition.  I knew that this was going to be a well thought out exhibition and it was.  I picked up a couple of brochures and just loved what Margaret said "I am an art snob and support artists based on their integrity and intelligence, not discipline".  I wish I had said that.  Anyway, if you saw this exhibition you probably enjoyed it as much as I did.  Thanks Margaret.


My overall favorite works were by Kristen Morgin.  Her seemingly collaged scraps of paper were actually hand made clay pieces she painted. 

Kristen Morgin, "Stickmanwerewolf Runs Away With Princessstormtrouper", 2012,
unfired clay, paint, ink, marker, wire, thumbtack, 10.5 x 9.5 x .5 


The most traditional work of art in this exhibition was my favorite.  I could be happy looking at this wonderful work every day.

Akio Takamori, "Parisian Woman", 2012, porcelain figure with underglazes, framed archival pigmented ink print on hahnemuhle sugar cane paper, 15 x 4 x 4.5, 36 x 23.5 

Thomas Müller "Vulture", 2010, clay, glaze, wood


Ben Brandt "Apoxyomenos II", 2012 , HD digital video

 Jeffry Mitchell "The Workmans", 2012, glazed earthenware, plywood


Loved this video!
Kate Gilmore "Buster", 2011, Video

No comments: