Friday, December 28, 2012

Best of 2012 - individual works of art

Best Works of Art from 2012
My 2nd installment of the Best of...I did not include anything I added to my collection, however I would love to have everyone of them.  I primarily stuck with Texas artists.  Of course the order could change depending on how I feel at any given time.   What do I know.  

 1. The Circled Square, by Margaret Meehan, cast aluminum, vintage glitter glass, glue, glue stick at Conduit Gallery. 
 
2. a page from a sketchbook (about 70 works) by Michael Wynne that I first saw during the year.  He is not 1st because he would not let it go.   

 

3. this work on paper by Stephen Lapthisophon at his studio












 





 
4. Wolf with Red Eyes by Zoe Leonard at the Dallas Museum of Art
 
 

5. Parisian Woman, by Akio Takamori, porcelain figure with underglazes, framed archival pigmented ink print on hahnemuhle sugar cane paper. Part of a group show at Ft. Worth Contemporary Arts.
 


6. This painting by David Aylesworth entitled "Nightingale Without" at Inman Gallery


7. Francisco Moreno portrait, by Francisco Moreno at Oliver Francis Gallery 

8. Bagdad Bass Club installation by Brad Tucker at UTD.

9. These 2 works by Jeff Zilm at Oliver Francis Gallery
 
10. this piece "Twins" by Chris Powell

No comments: