Wednesday, October 21, 2009

UNT Faculty Exhibition

Took a short trip to Denton to see the University of North Texas Faculty exhibition. I wanted to see some of my friends work and the other faculty's work that I may not be familiar with.


The two framed pieces to the left are by Bryce Lafferty, adjunct faculty member - one of my new favorite pieces of art I have seen in recent months "Art Measuring Device II", 2008 the larger of the two.




A pleasant surprise was the "Trophy Skulls Collection", 2009, ceramic and mixed media by adjunct faculty member Trish Igo. I couldn't drag myself away from this piece.


Two wonderful paintings by Vincent Falsetta, Professor of Art, Painting. Both were oil on birch panel. I want these.



What can I say, I didn't recognize this person's work immediately, Ed Blackburn the great Fort Worth artist is a adjunct faculty member, who knew. This painting is titled "The Man Drove", 2009, oil on canvas.





Installation shot that includes Susan Cheal's mixed media installation in the foreground. The exhibition was a little crowded. At first I was confused by the dress pieces and wondered if that was part of Susan's piece too - the wall labels for the dress pieces were very confusing - I don't know who created those pieces. The digital c-print portraits to the right of this shot are by Jenny Vogel, Assistant Professor of Art, New Media.




Paintings to the left are by Iva Zimmerman, Academic Advisor, and the video piece is by Shane Mecklenburger, Assistant Professor of Art, New Media.

There is a wonderful minimal piece by Lesli Robertson that I will post later. I believe this exhibition ends this coming weekend.

No comments: