Saturday, March 28, 2009

Gallery Artists Upstairs at William Campbell

Headed upstairs to see the group exhibition featuring the gallery artists.

Chris Powell at the front entrance to the gallery.

"Dawn - Roadside Flowers" by one of my favorites, Richard Thompson

Untitled, 2007 by Steve Murphy, lead covered wood


Painting by Billy Hassell


Sculpture by Robert McAn and large work on paper by Otis Jones.
One of these days I want to have a large canvas work by Otis.
There was a wonderful blue square in the storage room.

Robert, do you still have Gene Pool?

One of my favorite things to do at the gallery is to look around in the storage room. Of course I didn't leave empty handed. I was able to add to my Tre' Arenz pile. The death of this artist was so untimely. I met Tre' at Bill and Pam's gallery a few months before her death. Such a shame. If anyone knows the whereabouts of her cast iron pieces, please let me know. Anyway, it is always a treat to visit this gallery and one of the friendliest in the state.

No comments: