Friday, December 12, 2008

TWO x TWO x TEN at the Dallas Museum of Art

On the way to see the two x two x ten exhibition we stopped and viewed the "Materials & Meanings" exhibition in the Center for Creative Connections and this was Stacey's and my favorite piece.
By the way, there was no on in line for the King Tut exhibition, so if you are thinking about seeing that exhibition maybe you should consider a Thursday night.

I did enjoy seeing contemporary work purchased by the DMA over the last 10 years. Lots of photography including Matthew Barney, Nic Nicosia, and Thomas Struth. The painting that I photographed (it was allowed) I didn't write down who did them. Maybe someone can let me know. Mamma Anderson "Gone for Good"

I think the large painting is by Laura Owens, not sure.
This artist's work needs no introduction. It was nice to see one of Bruce Nauman's work in the DMA (are there others???). A fews years ago I saw a retrospective of his work at the Tate in London - wow, it was annoying!

No comments: