Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pedro Vélez

I first became aware of Pedro Vélez’s work just days after his visit to Dallas in 2011.  After spending a significant amount of time visiting Pedro Veléz’s blog site I contacted Pedro and became friends. I will find a time to visit Pedro in person sometime in the next year or two.
 
This past week Pedro was selected to participate in the 2014 Whitney Biennial.  I am extremely happy and excited for him.  
   
Pedro’s works from my collection include photographs that were taken sometime between 2003 and 2004 in Condado, Puerto Rico.   The series was made in response to a personal matter that impacted Pedro just prior to his collaboration with artist Gean Moreno and their exhibition at Galeria Comercial in 2004.

My Widow, 2004. Acrylic, book page, ink, photograph

Pay to Play, 2009.  Acrylic, book pages, poster, photograph
 
Girlfriend Glare, 2003-04, series of 25 photographs
 
 
Links:
 
 

No comments: