Sunday, February 17, 2013

My My Misfire

Spent some time at Deep Ellum Windows for the one-day pop up exhibition curated by Stephen Lapthisophon on Saturday. 


Michael Mazurek -  "House Plant" 

Lana Paninchui - "Foie Gras"
 
Sharon Turner -  "Established"  

Hayley Fowler -  "I'd rather be sleeping" performance
 
Pierre Krause - "Ritual", detail
 
Pierre Krause, a student at University of Texas at Dallas, work was a pleasant surprise.  A small unlit room with an arrangement of found objects.  Raw, very much like the space.
 

 Pierre Krause -   "Ritual", detail
 
Stephen Lapthisophon - "untitled", Hannah Hudson - "Non Meaning" 


 Michael Wynne - "All My Scars Are on the Inside"
 
 Michael Wynne's first peformance piece  - "Sweeping Up"
 
I showed up at Deep Ellum Windows at noon and happy I did.  Michael Wynne had his first peformance piece and I was able to record most of it.  See the link for Sweeping Up above to read about the peformance piece.  See this link for the recording.

2 comments:

c. said...

Thanks for the documentation. I was there much later, and noticed 3 Bell jars with debris in them; did Michael fill those as part of his performance?

RR said...

Yes, the jars were filled from the performance.