Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Modern Art Museum of Ft. Worth

On Sunday January 3rd headed over to the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth to see 2 exhibitions - Susan Rothenberg: Moving in Place and a focus exhibition of Gardar Eide Einarsson's mixed media work. Photography was not allowed for temporary exhibitions. I still managed to get in trouble by taking a photo of a Felix Gonzales-Torres installation - however, the guard let me take some candy with me. They did not take my digital camera from me either. The guard was so nice he walked with me the rest of my visit telling me all kinds of stories of the work on view. He encourage my wife to stomp all over the Carl Andre floor piece - I couldn't bring myself to step on his work. Oh well, photography was allowed of the permanent collection which I have included a couple of photos here.


“How could I not take a picture of Bruce Nauman's video since his wife's work was featured at the museum. The video was titled "Setting A Good Corner (Allegory & Metaphor)", 2000 - It was nice to watch someone else work for a change. The 2 pieces to the left are by Richard Prince and Yasumasa Morimura.


“This was an awesome set of portaits by Nicholas Nixon entitled the "Brown Sisters, 1975 to 2007” For more information Click HERE.

No comments: